Weight Loss Tips from Marlene
Weight Loss Tips from Marlene
As so many of you have asked me for some information on weight loss I decided to make a short list of my best weight loss tips. I hope this post helps you all in your endeavour to a healthy, sustainable weight and good health. The vanguard of modern nutrition now agrees that a wholefoods plant base diet is the only way forward for health for all of us, including the environment and our animals.
Definition of Calories – (noun) Tiny creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a little bit tighter every night;
Dieting Is Out; Healthy Eating Is In
How giving up diets could help you succeed in weight loss.
After years of obsessing about weight loss, first shunning high-fat foods and then high-carbohydrate ones, it seems we need to give up formal diets in favour of healthy eating and wholesome foods. “All foods can fit into a healthy diet, as long as they are natural, organic and sugar and dairy free and coupled with exercise and practice moderation,”
Healthy Eating vs. Dieting
Diet books, low-calorie, fat-free, and sugar-free foods abound, but don’t appear to be making a dent in obesity statistics. Many dieters have been lured over and over again by promises of fast weight loss from the latest diet schemes, only to regain the lost weight — and then some — as soon as they go off the diet.
The truth is that if your weight loss plan is not sustainable for the long term, it’s not worth following. Another reason may simply be that dieters are waiting for the next diet craze – the Atkins Diet or South Beach Diet of the moment. “Even when the hot diet bursts onto the scene, just reading it is no guarantee you will lose weight,” Make some of these tasty naturally sweetened seed bars – they are fantastic for a snack when you desire something sweet.
My Weight Loss Nature’s Way Programme is the most incredible concept for weight loss. Weight Loss Nature’s Way which has received raving testimonials from clients who are excited with their weight loss and at the same time feeling their energy and vitality increase, have said they feel completely satisfied with this way of eating and feel full and happy.
This programme is designed around balancing the hormones, in particular insulin that makes it very difficult to lose weight if your blood is constantly bathed in this hormone. Looking at the key organs responsible for metabolism of our micronutrients and generally giving the clients a ‘lifestyle’ eating plan along with my ‘home remedies’ of teas and soups rather than a ‘diet’ brings success.
Better Food, Not More
“If you shop at farmers markets, you are going to be buying natural food, not junk food,” buy organic where you can says Marlene Watson-Tara who has been teaching women’s health programmes for over three decades. Less food can be more satisfying when you choose foods with intense flavours and taste,” It can be a lot easier and more motivating to focus on what you can eat instead of what you should avoid, experts say.
So what exactly should you be adding to your diet? Go for more plant foods and whole, unprocessed foods that are rich in nutrients and naturally lower in fat, salt, and sugar. There are over 200 delicious tasting wholefood plant based recipes in my book ‘Macrobiotics for all Seasons’, this way of eating will help you achieve your desired weight and is sustainable for life. It is not a ‘diet’ ‘ per se’ but a way of eating that also brings the reward of renewed health.
Eating lean or low-fat protein at every meal will fill you up and make you less likely to overeat. Likewise, foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables high in fibre and water content are low in calories and help you feel full. “When you fill up on nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and other lean protein, there is less room for empty-calorie foods,”
And what about those foods that taste good but aren’t exactly packed with nutrients (except maybe calories)?
“It’s OK to enjoy a small serving of those foods once in a while,” When you basically eat a clean healthy diet, indulging in your occasional comfort food now and again will not cause you problems. We are great proponents of the 80/20 system. Life is about enjoying the pleasure we receive from eating delicious food that will not cause weight gain or ill health, learning how to do this is where the problem lies.
Healthy Eating: Slow Down
Not only what you eat, but how you eat, is important when you’re trying to eat healthfully and lose extra pounds. One big step toward taking control of your diet is to eat more home-cooked meals.
“When you prepare it, you have total control over what is in the food, you can make it exactly how you like it, and better for you than in restaurants, where you have no idea what is in the food,” Also, forget about eating on the run. You’ll enjoy your food more and ultimately, eat less, if you eat slowly and savour the flavours. Enjoy the conversation at the table, and give your brain time to get the signal that you are comfortably full.
“If you sit down and taste the food, you are more likely to be satisfied with less,”
INTRODUCTION TO WEIGHT LOSS NATURE’S WAY
• To avoid overweight, consume only as much energy (calories) as is expended; if overweight, decrease energy intake and increase energy expenditure through daily exercise.
• Increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates and ‘naturally occurring’ sugars
• Reduce the consumption of refined and processed food and sugars
• Reduce overall fat consumption and eat only ‘good’ fats from oils, seeds and nuts sparingly
• Limit the intake of sodium which means removing refined salt from your diet and use only sea salt for cooking
• Increase consumption of wholegrain, vegetables, and temperate zone fruit
• Decrease consumption of animal fat and opt for white meat fish that will reduce saturated fat intake, better still use beans and pulses as protein sources and eventually remove all animal products from your diet
• Remove butter, eggs and other high cholesterol sources
• Remove sugars and food high in such sugars
• Drink Marlene’s Magic Miracle Broth daily
• Rely more on vegetable quality protein such as tofu, tempeh, and beans such as adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils and less on protein from animal sources while you transit to this way of eating
• Increase foods in their whole form and reduce intake of refined and partial foods
• Increase food consumption of those foods rich in natural fibre in place of foods that have been devitalized
• Drink sweet vegetable tea mid-afternoon (recipe on my you-tube channel)
• Keep sprouted seeds for snacking, they are awesome nutritionally and very filling
I will be posting my ‘Weight Loss Tips’ and recipes regularly so check in again soon. There are over 200 delicious recipes in my book ‘Macrobiotics for all Seasons’ available worldwide on amazon.
In good health